Evaluation Services package might include:
- reviewing program goals and identify which ones are appropriate to be addressed by peer mentoring
- selecting an evaluation design (e.g. single point in time, longitudinal, comparison group)
- developing an evaluation plan that includes:
+ operationalizing program goals into measurable indicators
+ identifying which types of data will be necessary to establish that different program goals are being met
+ identifying when different types of data needs to be collected over the duration of program
+ determining who will collect which types of data
- deciding on how different types of data will be analyzed and presented
-creating appropriate evaluation instruments
- identifying specific content to be included in program so that specific program goals can be assessed.
For example. if one program goal is to improve new students' knowledge of appropriate campus resources, then program content must include information on which resources are available, what issues each can address, and how to appropriately use each resource
- identifying specific content and skill development that needs to be included in mentor training to prepare mentors to help mentees progress in content areas you plan to evaluate in order to demonstrate a program goal has been met.
- designing mentor training evaluation (instruments, data collection, analysis plan and data presentation)
- follow-up meeting